We hope you attend the first General Meeting on Thursday, September 14 (5:30pm, Multipurpose Room) where we'll approve the budget. As soon as we finalize details, we hope to post prior to the meeting to give you an idea of all the programs/events/fundraisers we do in a typical year. We have used the same budget model from our predecessors, updating line items with new events and fundraisers as we see fit based on feedback and end-of-year survey.
PTA Benefits Our School
School site budgets are not what they used to be! At IV School, we're fortunate to have community partners (post for a later time) to provide donations, regular programs, and one-time events to enrich our child's educational experience. Moreover, our school benefits from the PTA's assistance; here are some ways we have assisted our school throughout the years:
- Camp experience at the fourth, fifth, and sixth grade levels. We are the only school in the Goleta Union School District that provides this opportunity.
- Educational Specialists in art, music, and computer to further enhance the learning experience beyond the regular classroom.
- Technology in the classroom including TVs, iPads, and Chrome Books (upper grade levels).
- School assemblies to provide visual arts and workshops; Michael Katz visits our school annually.
- Field trips to expand the learning experience outside of the classroom.
- Classroom purchases for the teachers to prepare their classroom each school year.
- Garden supplies to support community partner, Explore Ecology, with our school garden.
- Math Club is popular with the upper grade levels. This club supports our specialist responsible for overseeing this group, sending them to the Math Superbowl every year.
Aside from the educational aspect, we have the social aspect as well. We enjoy planning events that bring our school community together such as our Taco Night in the fall, Convivio (Potluck) in the winter, Carnival (in conjunction with UCSB Greeks) and Multicultural Night or Science Night in the spring. (Multicultural and Science Nights alternate each year; expect the Multicultural Night in May 2018). When we find pockets of time, look for informational PTA meetings featuring guest speakers, a school dance or two, morning coffees, and our infamous Teacher Appreciation week, among other events.
You Can Make a Difference!
IV PTA cannot be possible without our awesome volunteers and donations (tax deductible) throughout the year. We have fundraisers throughout the year in order to maintain our budget in order to continue to provide various services and programs for our school. The informational packet includes a Volunteer Form. Please take a moment to review and see how you can make a difference.
On a personal note, volunteering has been a rewarding experience. I never thought I'd be THIS involved with the school and PTA, and wouldn't change this experience for the world. Enjoy this time with your child as they grow up quickly!
For those of you that submitted membership envelopes and/or volunteer forms, we appreciate it! We are compiling information and we'll be in touch in the near future. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions.
*If you decide not to become a PTA member, please return empty, unmarked membership envelope in your child's Friday Folder. We do hope you consider volunteering throughout the year.