Our mission is to enrich the educational experience of children at Isla Vista Elementary School and foster a sense of community. We provide events - both social and fundraising - to support our child's education and our school.
The bottom line - our purpose is to create fun, lasting memories during your child's elementary school years. We know we've done our job when your child constantly talks about a certain event like a class field trip, camp experience, Jog-a-Thon, or Viva El Arte assembly. This is the kind of impact we want to make!
Meet the Team
Here is our wonderful team at a glance:
- Lynnette Nievares serving as President and mom to a fourth grader. Previously on the Board for the last few years as Secretary, Lynnette also oversees Taco Night, Carnival, and Teacher Appreciation.
- Emily Opalinski serving as Executive Vice President and mom to a second grader, as well as a recent IV School graduate (now at Goleta Valley Junior High) and a high school student at Dos Pueblos High School. Emily also oversees Spirit Wear and Hospitality; she's also a part of our awesome Teacher Appreciation committee.
- Henry (Hank) Opalinski serving as VP Fundraising/Camps and married to Ms. Emily. Hank is a great support for all things PTA! He is also overseeing our one-of-a-kind fundraiser at the Goleta Lemon Festival.
- Dima Reda serving as VP Membership and mom to a second grader and fourth grader.
- Mark Hildner serving his second year as Treasurer and father to a third grader. His wife, Kelly Hildner, has been instrumental with spearheading the Kindergarten mural.
- Laurel Wilder serving as Secretary and mom to a fourth grader and sixth grader. Laurel also oversees our annual Jog-a-Thon event in the Spring. Her husband, Tim Wilder, oversees Bike/Walk to School Day twice a year.
- Anna Lopez-Carr serving as Historian/Communications and mom to a kindergartener. Anna also oversees our Axxess fundraiser.
Communication is important to us! We'll provide information to you in the following ways:
- Friday Folders, a weekly folder used to distribute announcements from the school, teacher, and PTA. This week you'll find a PTA welcome packet filled with information.
- ParentSquare, an innovative and secure platform for school-to-home communication allows you to connect with your teacher, parents in your class, and the school community.
- IV PTA Website, our website to showcase who we are and what we do.
We have an action-packed schedule this fall quarter! Stay tuned for announcements both in the Friday Folder and on ParentSquare. We hope you get involved with our wonderful school. Let's make this a great school year!