Our mission is to enrich the educational experience of children at Isla Vista Elementary School and foster a sense of community. We provide events - social, educational, and fundraising - to support our child's education and our school.
The bottom line - our purpose is to create fun, lasting memories during your child's elementary school years. We know we've done our job when your child constantly talks about a certain event like a class field trip, camp experience, Jog-a-Thon, or Viva El Arte assembly. This is the kind of impact we want to make!
Meet the Team
Here is our hard-working team at a glance:
- Lynnette Nievares serving as President for the second year and mom to a fifth grader. Previously on the Board for the last few years as Secretary, Lynnette also oversees Family Fiesta Night (formerly Taco Night), Carnival, and Teacher Appreciation.
- Emily Opalinski serving as Executive Vice President for the second year and mom to a third grader, eighth grader at Goleta Valley Junior High, and eleventh grader at at Dos Pueblos High School. Emily also oversees Spirit Wear and Hospitality; she's also a part of our awesome Teacher Appreciation committee. Furthermore, You'll recognize an "Opalinski" bake sale in a heartbeat!
- Henry (Hank) Opalinski serving as VP Fundraising/Camps for the second year and married to Ms. Emily. Hank is a great support for all things PTA! He is the other half of the "dynamic duo" on campus.
- Dima Reda serving as VP Membership for the second year and mom to a third grader and fifth grader. She is responsible for managing the membership and volunteer lists.
- Laurel Wilder serving as Secretary for the second year and mom to a fifth grader and seventh grader at Goleta Valley Junior High, a recent IV School graduate. Laurel also oversees our annual Jog-a-Thon event in the Spring.
- Anna Lopez-Carr serving as Historian/Communications for the second year and mom to a first grader. Anna also oversees our Axxess fundraiser.
Communication is important to us! We'll provide information to you in the following ways:
- ParentSquare, an innovative and secure platform for school-to-home communication allows you to connect with your teacher, parents in your class, and the school community.
- IV PTA Website, our website to showcase who we are and what we do.
- Friday Folders, a weekly folder used to distribute announcements from the school, teacher, and PTA.
We have an action-packed schedule this fall quarter! Stay tuned for announcements. We hope you get involved with our wonderful school. Let's make this a great year!